6/08/2019

Our second endurance competition!

We had our second endurance riding competition yesterday. We are doing level 1 (easy/beginners) so the distance was only 19 kilometers (a bit over 10 miles). The day was very hot and my mule felt a bit sore at some point. She is barefoot but I should have put her hoof boots on.

In the easy level in Europe we need to ride the journey in the speed of 8-12 kilometers in hour. The day was hot and my buddy broke her stirrup so we missed a bit and didn't got in that time. We didn't want to force our mounts to go any faster than that suits them. But the experience was great and I will continue!

This was the first time most of the people to see an actual mule for the first time! I got to answer all kinds if questions about mules and riding with them. None of the horses spooked when they saw my mule.

My friend is riding 7 years old connemara pony gelding. This was their first competition ever!

All the pics are taken by Maiju Aaltonen, thanks! She was also our groom for the day!

















 

No comments

Post a Comment