6/24/2019

Galloping in the sandpit and great photos by FotoFuusio!

I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do!! I won a free photo shoot from the competition earlier this year and yesterday me and my friend hauled our mounts to the sandpit. It would have been possible to ride to the sandpit when it is only 12 kilometers from our barn but it was much easier to use the trailer and give our horse and mule more experience in hauling. They haven't been the most easiest to load in the trailer but yesterday they both were like a pro!

Our goal was to have great pictures and also to lope a lot! Just now all the gravel roads at our area are as hard as paved roads so it was nice to get somewhere where we can lope on softer surface.
Well.. we didn't lope that much with my mule when we were posing for the pictures but we did gallop a few strides behind my friend and her horse.

But the most important training for us was when my friend left us for the photo shoot and rode elsewhere to lope more. Muuli got a bit stressed but I managed to keep her still and give her new tasks so she would not leave behind her friend. This was the first time ever we were practicing something like this!

This was the first time I was using split reins with my mule and I really liked them! Usually I have English style reins but maybe I need to start use these more!

All the pics are taken by FotoFuusio. Thanks!
























No comments

Post a Comment