5/18/2019

I took part in endurance riding competition today! We were in the beginners class and it was only 17 kilometers. All of us won if our average speed was between 8 to 12 kilometers in hour and horses pulse under 64 beats in minute.

We did both tasks and got a yellow rossette!

Here in Finland we compete under FEI rules and mules and donkeys are allowed to compete in all classes just like horses. But I'm pretty sure that I'm the first one who really did it!

Mules are rare in Finland and we have only 27 mules in whole country. I wrote to endurance riders Facebook group that I'm coming with my mule and I really was an expected quest today! So many came to ask like how is Muuli doing! I have Finnish blog and also an Instagram account so many knew that we are coming.

Endurance riding is very rare in Finland too. Most of horse people does dressage or show jumping. Only a few is training endurance. Today's competition had 40 riders and that is a lot!!














No comments

Post a Comment