10/02/2018

Horse keeping in Finland +vlog

As a part of my vloggers collaboration with Sari from Mulography I also made a video from our livery barn. I'm interested to see and hear how horses are kept in different countries and areas so please tell your horse in my comment box!

I think our stable is very typical Finnish horse stable. We have 10 boxes and horses are outside 12 hours in a day. In the summer they are turned out 247 and they are in the pastures. Except my mule, that stays in sand pen. I'm a bit afraid of her getting fat or getting laminitis.


During winter time we rug our horses. My mule usually wears 50-100g rug if it rains/winds a lot and only in coldest days (-15C or colder) she has 150g rug on her. She is unclipped.

If the day is unwindy and it is not raining, my mule doesn't have a rug on, not even when it is cold. So I want to protect her from rain and wind, not from cold.

We don't have indoor riding arena, but we have good outdoor arena with great lights. It is very dark in here let say from November to February. So if I'm going to the stable after work, I really need to put the lights on. It gets easier when we get snow around Christmas.

Here is some random pictures taken from our barn, but you get better image when you watch the video above.







No comments

Post a Comment