3/21/2019

What is going on?

We enjoyed for the most beautiful winter this year!
Oops, I totally forgot this blog! I really need to start update things in here too, but if I'm not, you can try to use Google Translator for my Finnish blog.

Last time I wrote in November when I was riding with my friend. After that weather got worse and all the roads were hard as stones because temperature was under 0 C. Dark also came so early so it was impossible to to go out to trail riding on a weekday after work.

So I started to take riding lessons! Here is a video from one of the lessons. We started wit the basics and the lessons lasted only for 30 minutes because this is so new for Muuli. Usually I just ride with her happily in the trails and I don't much "ride" during our trails.


Here is also another clip a couple of weeks before the first one. Muuli was afraid of one side of the arena and refused to go there. I tried to make her to go and then she bolted! Twice! It was totally my mistake to try to force her in to the corner.


But usually Muuli has behaved very well! I have trail ride with her A LOT in January and the start of February. Usually we have hac a company from our barn. Here is one nice video. I had GoPro in my chest during our ride.


At the end of January I drove to collar making course with Muuli and my friend and her mule. We were supposed to make my mule the collar too but.. When we arrived and walked our mules in the pen my mule spooked, bolted and I fell to the snow but I didn't let go! Muuli loped the pen around for the couple of times before she stopped. My knee hurt but not so much.

We made the collar only for my friend's mule Olle and I had hard time that weekend when I couldn't put weight on my right foot at all.

Then back at home my knee got better, I was riding but then it broke again! And again! Then I called to the doctor, went to MRI and result was broken ACL! I had the surgery a week later and right now when I'm writing this post I'm still not able to ride. Doctor said that I can try to ride next week when it has been 6 weeks from the surgery. I might first try some another horse just to feel how the knee feels in the saddle and if everything is okay, I might try Muuli.
If Muuli behaves well, I have no problems. But if she bolts and I fell down, it is not good thing for my knee. But right now there is not much I can do with Muuli. I can let her run in the pasture but I cannot lunge her because she has a bolting habit turing lunging! And right now I just can not fell and hurt my knee again!

I was very happy to get two of my friends to ride Muuli! Muuli has been in the trails many times and she has also done a lots of dressage in the arena! I'm really looking forward riding her again!

I did some groundwork and positive reinforcement with Muuli earlier this week. Here is one video where Muuli is lifting the whip from the ground. I praise her with my voice and then I give her a reward. I have oats in my fanny pack.

ss

No comments

Post a Comment